9 Facts About the Cryptomarket From Cambridge
October 14, 2017
Cambridge University and VISA have put out several facts about the cryptocurrency world.
- The number of active wallets is estimated between 5.8 and 15 million.
- The number of unique active users is estimated between 9 and 5.8 million.
- According to substantiated data, about 1.9 thousand people work in the cryptocurrency industry (excluding the mining workers of the company).
- Geographical distribution of mining capacity: 13% - Europe, 33% - North America, 50% - Asian-Pacific area.
- Geographical distribution of active wallets: 42% - Europe, 39% - North America, 19 % - Asian-Pacific area.
- Geographical distribution of foreign exchange operations: 37% - Europe, 18% - North America, 27% - Asian-Pacific area.
- The dominate position is occupied by Bitcoin. However, in May 2015 the proportion of “digital gold ” was 86%, but by March of this year this index plunged to 72 percent. At the present moment it is near 48%. Since June 2016 DASH, ETHER and MONERO has demonstrated substantial increase.
- The greatest part of the cryptomarket was occupied by Bitcoin, near 16%, for March of this year.
- During the period from 2010 to 2016, total miming income increased from 0,2 to 2073 million dollars.